Saturday, January 9, 2016

I Want To Know You Mom


Margaret Bruce Stirling Varden
Margaret Bruce Stirling Varden

I think of you with love in my heart
Though I do not really know you

You went away years ago
It makes me sad, forever so

Your picture is up on my wall
I talk to you, do you hear me

I only know what others have told me
How I wish I had gotten to know you

In my heart I know
You did not want to go

One night you came to me in a dream
Telling me in your own way
Things will work out and be okay

Life would have been so different
If you had gotten to stay
But instead God took you away

Can you hear the tears when I cry
When I wanted my Mother
To have never died

Don’t get me wrong
I have found where I belong
But still wish
I had gotten to know you

When my time comes to leave this place
Please be waiting for me at the gate

© 2011 Susan Zutautas