Sunday, May 17, 2015

For Chris - The Rock


I have a rock I keep upon my window ledge that is my connection to you
They were handed out at your funeral so we had something to hang onto
It sits in sunshine almost every day
I pray your pain has left and gone away
Young children should never die so young
Your life had just begun
You are and always will be Garth’s best friend
For the rest of eternity
We talk about you after all these years
Remembering your courage, showing no fear
Until we meet again one day

You are in our hearts Chris Jackson






Join a great bunch of writers over at Carrot Ranch each week who write a 99 word (no more, no less) flash fiction from the prompts that +Charli Mills gives us. This week the prompt is to write a story or poem that shows a hard place and a connection.