Monday, September 1, 2014

Every Picture Tells a Story - It's a Dogs Life

The Tree Fort

How I want to be a bird up in a tree
Singing songs and chirping, chasing bumblebees

I tried to build a nest, thinking maybe I could fly
Turn into a bird, and soar way up high

Gathered all the leaves and twigs, together to be bound
Now I am exhausted with a tree fort on the ground

Actually it is quite nice, with all the leaves covering me
I can hide right here escaping, the bath that I so need



Bored

We are two dogs that are bored as can be
Lying on the kitchen floor waiting for a treat

A walk would be nice, out in the sun
Go to the park for a little run

The cat is upstairs hiding........ from us right now
If he’d come down, we could chase him all around

Swimming at the lake would be lots of fun
Guess we’ll just have to wait for the time to come



Trim My Paws

Why do you look so shocked that I jumped up here

The groomer made me get on her table, so why can’t I here

I went to school today and got one paw groomed

So get out the scissors and please finish them soon

You saw how she did it, so please give it a try

Make the other ones pretty, I am not shy


One night after obedience training I asked the groomer/trainer how to trim the fur on my dogs paws and so she took us into her grooming room and showed me on one of her paws. When we got home Magz jumped up onto the table as if to say "Okay now finish the other three"

© 2011 Susan Zutautas