Friday, August 22, 2014

What's Wrong With This Picture?




What’s wrong with this picture I ask myself

I go to the cupboard and open the door
Bread bags open half eaten I roar
Why can’t they just finish one bag at a time?
Oh no they want fresh every single time


I go to the fridge and see cartons galore
They are all empty I’ll have to go to the store
Why is it no one in this house called a home
Cannot throw anything out as I moan


The dogs water dish is empty I go fill it fast
Why me I ask it’s not that big of a task
Just give them a drink, fill it up at the sink
Why am I the only one to do this I say
Make my life easier you can do it today


Crumbs on the counter here we go again
The day has just started and I’m going insane
What would it take for them to just lend a hand?
Help me clean up before I complain and remand


Your clothes are in piles all over the floor
Clean them up I am not your maid anymore.

© 2010 Susan Zutautas